31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN 2014

31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN 2014
Come join me for String Me Along featuring a cast of ghoulish ghosts, zombies, skeletons, and witches all getting ready for Halloween. After I assemble all 31 banners, I will be stringing them together and hanging them with orange mini-lights for the perfect Halloween touch. Details: three coordinating color fabrics along with white and orange purchased at Jo-Ann Fabrics; Distress Paints; Distress Markers: Stayz-on Permanent Inks, and an assortment of stamps. Individual products used will be listed under each day's description as to colors and stamps used. I hope you enjoy my fiendishly delightful cast of characters and things that go bump in the night.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Skull Appreciation Day Altered Table

You've reached Sandy's blog -  please leave a comment at the bottom of my post and then hop on over to Jacki's blog (listed in the blog roll on the far right side of  my blog).

I decided to alter an old side table I found on the side of the road - cost $0.  I had previously purchased an "unsold" paint sample at a discounted price of $ .50 - total cost of project $ .50.  After sanding the table, I painted it with my gray paint sample; enlarged and printed the free digital image provided to blog hop participants (after coloring the roses red in Photoshop CS3); adhered the image to the table top with matte medium; printed a few more roses; added stems; decorated the cute skull with Adirondack Paints from dabbers I already had on hand; painted the trim with the same turquoise paint dabber; added stripes utilizing Wendy Vecchi's stripe stencil painted with the same dabber; added three stamped scrolls with a foam sponge I had on hand; added stripes on the legs again with the same paint dabber; and, finally, sealed my decorated table with two coats of Polyacrylic Sealer to preserve my artwork.  The table is a  very fun addition to the furniture in my art room.  Isn't she cute!!!???

Top View
Side View

39 comments:

  1. Sandy,
    Your table turned out wonderful! Wowzers what a great job! Beautiful!
    Peace
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great make love it lovely to be hopping with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! this is fabulous and sooo professional looking. LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors are wonderful! I wish I this in my art room, very jealous! Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant work hun - and even better at that price!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table looks awesome! And what a bargain, too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW... what a wonderful table... and extra special as its totally unique.
    I'd love it in my summerhouse/craftroom.
    BDx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a huge fan of repurposed art! This is one heck of a makeover! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your table. Beatuful colours too.

    Awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome alteration on your table and the price blows my mind! Awesome upcycled piece! I love pretty and practical pieces of art and when skulls are involved it's even better! Thanks for hopping along with us and Happy Skull Appreciation Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your table is fabulous! I love the skull & roses and the striped background. The table legs are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg...what a fantastic table. Love how you colored, arranged and decoupaged the design on to that cute little table. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg this is amazing I so love this awesome creation ..would love fo have a table like this

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha glad you are having fun. so reminds me of New mexico :)I love it ,beautiful work Sandy.
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my ghoul! what a fabulous altered table! gotta love those freebie finds you and lucked out with this one. Great job and thanks for playing my favourite theatre music...the Phantom of the Opera never fails to delight my soul :0) Happy SAD day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW I love this table. Im coveting it now. Happy Hopping Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome I love it. Happy SAD day!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW WOW WOW! This is soooo cool! Love it! And love the creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun table! Love the colors and images used.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow - what a great idea, and it came out beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh wow this is so cool! I love it! I must alter something like this for my lil one! :) thanks for sharing!!! great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love, love, LOVE everything! Fantastic colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. A awesome table looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lucky find! It's turned out beautifully, would love to make something like this for my craft are.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful table....great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a delight - that is one beautiful table. Brilliant make-over :-)
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW! That table is amazing!! Love the colours and...of course...the skull!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. such an adorable table! very creative. where you putting this beauty?

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is really cool! I love finding other people's junk and turning it into something fabulous. Great colors, and I love how big you made the images!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my goodness this is just fabulous! I really love it when junk gets saved and even more so when it gets turned into something as amazing as this

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous creation. Thanks for sharing your talent.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a project! lovely summer colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. So very pretty.....brilliant make over :)

    ReplyDelete