31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN 2014

31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN 2014
Come join me for String Me Along featuring a cast of ghoulish ghosts, zombies, skeletons, and witches all getting ready for Halloween. After I assemble all 31 banners, I will be stringing them together and hanging them with orange mini-lights for the perfect Halloween touch. Details: three coordinating color fabrics along with white and orange purchased at Jo-Ann Fabrics; Distress Paints; Distress Markers: Stayz-on Permanent Inks, and an assortment of stamps. Individual products used will be listed under each day's description as to colors and stamps used. I hope you enjoy my fiendishly delightful cast of characters and things that go bump in the night.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN BLOG HOP - DAY #1

I'm going to post a page a day for the Smeared and Smudged blog hop beginning today.  (See blog roll on left.)  My project is to create an El Dia de Los Muertos book, and I'll be posting a page a day culminating in a completed book on November 2 to celebrate El Dia.  My first post is my book cover which features a niche, a milagro, beads and rusty wings.  The stamp is actually the red shrine that outlines my niche.  See what you think and comment if you please:


El Dia Book Cover
Now hop on over to Terra - you might like to become a Horrifying Hopper, but you need to start right now.  Terra's blog will tell you how.

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Looking forward to seeing your wonderful book pages. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cover, looking forward to seeing the rest of the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to be a great book. Did you cover some chipboard for the front and back. Awesome DP. Love the heart and wings, they almost look clay like. Nice beads and killer frame for the center.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW... love this page... I am looking forward to seeing the whole book this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A book cover...what a great idea. I love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful art piece you have made! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sandy...beautiful book cover. Great choice of papers and embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wicked cool start to the hop! I look forward to seeing your book develop over the next 31 days! See ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great start to the blog hop. I love the pink and gray. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a neat idea...can't wait to see more of the book throughout the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure this will prove to be veeeery interesting. Looking forward to seeing this book - cool cover!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this chance at prizes.
    Thanks for taking on this huge challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool book cover, love the beading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the beading is amazing! what a great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  15. FAbulous Cover! I love this!! Mo x

    ReplyDelete